Jung Il-woo was selected to do an event at the original La Mere Poulard in Mont Saint Michel in France, to help promote this restaurant’s newest franchise at the time: La Mere Poulard Seoul! La Mere Poulard opened in The Central City Mall in Gangnam Seoul on November 28, 2014.
Jung Il-woo travelled shortly after to France and had the great opportunity to mingle with cooks and even create his very own Il-woo menu. To top it all, he and the restaurant held a pro-charity event where he helped cook and personally served 100 customers! Get ready to delight in delicious food, and the most delicious man in the world!
La Mere Poulard… doesn’t the name sound like good food itself? To read the amazing story of how this restaurant came to be go HERE. It is a beautiful story full of love!
In a very short summary, a young woman named Annette who was a maid to an architect, started cooking for him. He realized that she was good at it and taught her what he knew. This architect was hired for the restoration of Mont Saint Michel. Annette and Victor (who she had just married) opened a small Inn in 1888. There Annette would cook the most amazing omelets for the architects and crew that worked on the restoration of Mont Saint-Michel. The word of her food and the beauty of Mont Sant-Michel spread and so did their business, to grow into the famous restaurant it is today with many incorporated Inns.
This are photos of Monet Saint Michel. He posted them in Instagram but I’m not sure he took them. The first one is in the Facebook photos of La Mere Poulard so…
This is a video of Mont Saint-Michel and La Mere Poulard:
Jung Il-woo planning with staff at La Mere Poulard:
Jung Il-woo at photo shoot at La Mere Poulard:
And this is a another video he Tweeted way later:
These are photos of him there:
These are at La Mere Poulard:
This is Annette:
This was the invitation to come to the event in Facebook:
December 19, 2014
★배우 정일우가 직접 준비하는 특별 메뉴 맛보고 따뜻한 연말 보내세요★
최근 국내에 첫 상륙한 120년 역사의 프랑스 정통 레스토랑 ‘라메르 풀라르’.
서울 서초구 센트럴시티 파미에스테이션에 위치한 1호점에서
배우 정일우가 선착순 100명에게 특별한 시간을 선사합니다.
정일우 만의 특별 코스로 선보여지는 이날 이벤트의 수익금은
어려운 이웃을 위해 쓰여질 예정이랍니다.
맛있는 음식과 함께 ‘훈남 셰프’로 변신하는 정일우를 만나보세요.
1. 이벤트 참여 방법: 라메르풀라르 페이스북(https://www.facebook.com/lmpkr) 메시지를 통해 ‘정일우 코스’를 맛봐야 하는 이유 한가지와 이름, 전화번호를 기재하여 발송
2. 참여 인원: 선착순 100명(동반 1인까지 신청 가능)
3. 이벤트 일자: 2014년 12월 30일 11:00~14:30
4. 이벤트 장소: 라 메르 풀라르 (La Mere Poulard) 서초구 반포동 센트럴시티 파미에스테이션 1층
5. 이벤트 참여 가격: 정일우 코스(￦30,000)
6. 이벤트 신청접수 기간: 2014.12.22(월) 오후 2시~2014.12.25일(목) 오후 3시
7. 당첨자 발표: 페이스북을 통해 26일(금) 공지
*자세한 일정은 이벤트 당첨자 발표와 함께 최종 공지될 예정입니다.
★ the special menu of actor Jung Jung-woo is prepared for yourself and have a warm year ★
The French Authentic Restaurant in history of 120 in the recent country, the French Authentic Restaurant ‘lameleu pullaleu’.
At 1 points located in Seoul District Central City pamieseuteisyeon-e
Actor Jung Jung-woo will give you a special time for the first 100 people.
The proceeds of the event on this day as a special course of Jung-Jung’s special course is
I’m going to use it for a difficult neighbor.
Meet Jung Jung-Jung who transformed into ‘Hun Chef’ with delicious food.
1. How to join the event: Lameleupullaleu Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/lmpkr) via message, the reason why you should taste the ‘Jung Jung course’ will be sent to you by sending a name and a phone number.
2. People to join: first come first served (can apply to 1 people in companion)
3. Event Date: December 30, 2014 11:00 ~ 14:30
4. Event Venue: La Panchiao Pullaleu (la mere poulard) SEOCHOKU BANPODONG SENTEULEOLSITI PAMIESEUTEISYEON 1th floor
5. Event Engagement Price: Jung-Jung course (￦ 30,000)
6. Event application period: 2014.12.22 (Mon) 2 PM ~ 2014.12.25th (Thu) 3 PM
7. WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT: 26 days via Facebook (Fri) announcement
* the detailed schedule will be the final announcement with the event winner announcement.
This was the Il-woo’s menu:
These are photos from the event. Cr. Maniw (JIW Taiwan Fan Club and Ilwoo’s Room)
These are a couple of Fan made videos of Jung Il-woo serving. Cr. JIW Taiwan Fan Club and Atarishiinew
This are the images of a Style Magazine photo shoot he did at Mont Saint Michelle. The photographs came out in the Style Magazine Issue of March 2015, but I’m going to move them to this post where they make more sense story wise:
Behind the Scenes:
These are them in the magazine layout:
If you speak Korean, HERE is an interview/article with these photos.
Last but not least, these are from the Incheon airport in traffic to Normandy, France. He looked like he was walking the runway… so stylish!