Jung Il woo’s Red Chili (Gochujang) Noodle Soup.
This was from Convenience Store Restaurant Episode 6. Cr. Jung Il woo & KBS2
Green onion, dried shiitake mushroom, kelp, anchovy, Korean soy sauce, miso, potato, skirt skirt, minced garlic, tofu, Korean wheat, water
How to make red pepper paste stew:
1. Boil green onion, dried shiitake, kelp, and anchovies to make broth.
2. When the broth boils, remove the ingredients and add red pepper paste (Gochujang*), then add a little bit of Chosun soy sauce to season. The point is to add a spoonful of miso!
3. When the red pepper paste broth boils, cut the potatoes and skirts into thin slices.
Boil for a long time to remove the foam.
4. When the meat is cooked, add green onions, minced garlic, tofu, etc., and boil it yourself to complete the stew.
*Gochujang or red chili paste is a savory, sweet, and spicy fermented condiment made from chili powder, glutinous rice, meju powder, yeotgireum, and salt. It looks like this:
How to make Kalguksu (the noodles)
1. Put 250g of our wheat and 130ml of water little by little, so that it does not stick to your hands.
Knead the dough for a long time.
2. Wrap the dough of 1 in an airtight wrap and aged 2-3 hours.
3. Spread flour on a cutting board and dough and spread it thinly with a straw, then fold it two or three times so that it is easy to eat.
4. Put flour on noodles 3 and disperse them so that they do not stick together.
Cook for 7-8 minutes and deliver.
* Put cooked kalguksu noodles in a bowl and put the finished red pepper paste stew to finish it!
Source: The Convenience Store Restaurant Website. HERE.